This blog, Women over 40.com is written and edited by Women over 40 Team, and occasionally also written by a group of individuals.
Editorial content and reviews are written by the editor and review team is based on our personal experiences, individual testing and results. Our content is not influenced by advertisers, affiliates, public relation firms, brands, products or companies.
This blog does not contain any content that might present a conflict of interest. The content is also provided for general information purposes only. We do our best to provide accurate information, but do not claim to be experts in any field. Please do not use our opinions as substitutes for sound professional advice.
Women over 40 accepts products for editorial consideration from brands and public relations representatives, though the acceptance of a submission does not guarantee a favorable review. Reviews are done based on honest assessments of the products and content is not pre-approved by PR representatives or brands.
Any product review post published after November 2009 that features a product that was received as a press sample will be identified as such in accordance to the Federal Trade Commission’s “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”.
The thoughts and opinions shared in the comments sections and forums are written by both members and non-members of the Women over 40 community. We value every opinion and encourage open debate, however all comments are subject to approval by the editors. Name calling, racist, sexist or offensive comments, trolling and spam are not allowed and will be deleted. We reserve the right to edit comments, remove spam or links and delete user accounts at our discretion.
Women over 40 is supported by paid advertisements via google and other ad networks.
On occasion, Women over 40 accepts compensation for reviews through Advertisers or through advertisements sold directly through Women over 40. These posts will be clearly marked as a sponsored post or a sponsored giveaway in the disclosure located at the bottom of the post. Any link in the post will be nofollow.
We believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely those of the editor or our review team. We will only endorse products or services that we believe in, based on our personal experience, and that we feel are worthy of such endorsement. We make every effort to provide the most factual information available in our reviews. Readers are encouraged to perform their own research or investigation before purchasing a product or service reviewed, featured or advertised on this blog. Any product claim, statistic, quote or any other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
We reserve the right to reject featuring a product if it is sent for a paid review and does not meet our standards.
We reserve the right to remove any post or product without notice or explanation.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in sponsorship information.
When applicable, we use affiliate links in posts through our association with RewardStyle and other style related affiliate programs. For example we are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
These links are to stores that carry the item we are discussing, give us a small commission if you purchase the item through the link. You are not charged more for these. We will never write a post only to create a link and possible commission. We also place affiliate ads in our advertising column when space is available. As with our paid advertisements in the same column, we only work with companies we feel will be of interest or value to the Women over 40 readership.“We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.”
CONTENT AND IMAGE POLICY
The content and images published on Women over 40 are protected by copyright, and any unauthorized copying, reproduction, republishing, uploading, posting, transmitting or duplicating of any of the material is prohibited without our express written permission. Republication without express permission may result in billing for use of the material, formal notification of the violation to hosts and advertisers under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and other legal action as deemed necessary.
Posts containing photos or artwork that are not properly credited to the source of origin, can and should be brought to our attention at email@example.com. We will either give proper credit or remove the post accordingly.
Members of Women over 40 will automatically be subscribed to our weekly Women over 40 newsletter, a service managed by other providers. If you do not wish to receive the Women over 40 newsletter, your first email from our mail provider will have an “unsubscribe” option prominently featured. Additionally, your weekly newsletter will offer options to change, transfer or cancel your subscription.
GIVEAWAYS & CONTESTS
Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
1. Entrants must be 18 years or over and are allowed 1 entry, unless otherwise stated in the giveaway announcement. No purchase is necessary.
2. Entry must be made/received on the blog website, women-over-40.com, within the starting and ending time frame stated in the giveaway announcement.
3. Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry.
4. We use 3rd party applications to select a winner by generating a random number relative to the number of entries.
5. Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
6. The winner will be contacted within 3 days of the ending date.
7. Once selected, the winner has 3 days to respond to correspondence regarding their prize. If potential winner does not respond, forfeits or does not claim the prize within 3 days, prize will be re-awarded in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prizes will be awarded.
8. Winner agrees to provide contact and shipping information to Women over 40 and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
9. The prize is almost always shipped directly from the giveaway sponsor and can take upwards of 4 weeks to arrive, depending on availability, location of winner, and other unforeseen issues. If you have not received the prize within 4 weeks, please contact Women over 40 at firstname.lastname@example.org. Women over 40 is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for any other reason delayed or not received.
10.You understand and agree that you will indemnify, defend and hold us and our Sponsor harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising from your use of your sweepstakes prize.
11. Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Void where prohibited by law.